Sunday, 27 April 2014

Easter

I had a fairly quiet Easter this year, which I think I needed. Easter Friday and Monday are also holidays here, but I made the decision to work on both days and the Saturday morning. The office was quiet and I managed to get a lot done. Easter Sunday was a special day and I was so glad to be celebrating with my church family. As the coordinator of the Event's team at Church, I had organised a small apéro (drinks and snacks) after the service, plus Easter Eggs for everyone. It was really fun to be involved and I had a great team of people helping me - there is no way I could do these things by myself.

During the afternoon my friend Astra and I went to the nearby lakeside village of Morges to visit the tulip festival - an annual spring-time event with 120 000 tulips of 300 different varieties. It is always gorgeous and is such a lovely way to spend a sunny afternoon. We enjoyed some ice-cream and lots of happy chatter before heading home. And to complete my Easter weekend, there was of course a chocolate bunny or two, and some hot cross buns that I bought in England the weekend before :)




No comments:

Post a Comment