Tuesday, 13 May 2014

London Town

I  the weekend in London visiting my friend Tiina and we had the most lovely time together!

On Friday night we had a delicious Italian meal for dinner followed by tea and treats and girl talk into the early morning.

After a good sleep, we set out for a 10km run which took us the through the streets of London, St James park, Green Park and Hyde Park and past Buckingham Palace, Albert memorial and the Royal Albert Hall. I really enjoy running in other cities - it is another unique way to see a place and I don't notice the kilometers passing by. We had sushi for lunch (yum!) followed by mc flurrys (double yum) before settling in for the matinee performance of Billy Elliot. Live shows are always such a treat and something I really enjoy, and this was no exception. It was an excellent performance with high quality singing, dancing and acting made all the more impressive by the children in the show! The boy who played Billy is 11, and the talent he has is incredible. The show is quite emotional actually and there were a few moments of tears during the performance.

Saturday night started with dinner at a fantastic restaurant (Fig & Olive) in the trendy suburb of Angel, which had a great atmosphere and very tasty food at good prices. There were 6 of us for dinner - Tiina and her boyfriend, one of his friends, one of our friends from Lausanne and her boyfriend, and another friend of the group. We had a great time - it was a group of high quality, fun and intelligent people - and we really enjoyed the evening together. After dinner we decided to check out some London night life and went out in Shoreditch where we had some drinks and some fun dancing! We crawled into bed at about 3am happy and content!

After a loooong sleep (till 12:30!) Tiina and I headed out for a delicious brunch  at another excellent place (No. 11 Pimlico road) before taking a stroll and having a coffee together. And then it was time for me to head back to Lausanne.

I definitely enjoyed all the good food - London has such an excellent food culture, which reminds me a lot  of home and is something I miss, so it was great to indulge!

Tiina once again resumed her role of "tour guide Tiina" (a title she earned after a fantastic trip together in Barcelona) and was an excellent host! Time with her is always such a treat and I look forward to out next adventure together!

No comments:

Post a Comment