Wednesday, 9 April 2014

It's been a while...

I last wrote a blog entry a couple of weeks ago, so I thought it was time for a bit of an update! So in no particular order, here is a little bit of insight into the last weeks:

  • I had two visitors from South Africa, and although both trips were short, these were special times! I love showing people my home here and it always makes me realize once again just how much I enjoy living here and how much this is home
  • My good friend Hayley stayed with me for her last week in Switzerland - I am so grateful that we got to spend this extra time together. 
  • Another good friend, Tiina came back for a visit and it was so lovely to have her!  
  • The Cully Jazz Festival - Cully is a small lakeside town nearby that I love, and once a year they host a Jazz Festival which is a lot of fun. On the Saturday night a bunch of us went to enjoy the free concerts, and good food (pad-thai) and on Sunday myself and two friends from church went to listen to a piano concert. We had a lovely afternoon together and finished it off with more good food - this time waffles :) 
  • The warmer weather and sunshine has helped me feel motivated to get back to more regular sport, so bootcamp, running and swimming are all becoming part of my routine again
  • Preparations for the conference I am helping to organise are adding up - but we are getting through it all and I am learning a lot
  • I am busy with another article that needs to be done ASAP so I am concentrating on that
  • We have our Easter Sunday service next weekend too, and I am responsible for organizing some things for that too (Full time PhD, part time event's coordinator :)!)

    The view from Cully
    A favourite Sunday lunch - salad, fresh bread, cheese and cold meats paired with great wine and good company!

No comments:

Post a Comment