I am so grateful that I love my life in Switzerland and that
it really does feel like home after three years, but nothing beats going home
to South Africa to be with the family. My parents came to meet me at the
airport with Josh (one of my nephews) and he ran up to me at the airport and
gave me a big hug, which started off my two special weeks at home. The night I arrived home, the family came for dinner to welcome me and to celebrate my birthday. It was so special to be reunited again! I also got to meet Olivia, my 3 month old niece who is a little treasure. My parents also took me to a restaurant that does a taster menu complete with wine pairings - it was amazing. I don't think I have ever had such artistically presented, creative, delicious and unusual food!
As always, there was admin to see to (some things are just
easier, cheaper or necessary to do in SA) but mostly I wanted to be home with
the family and see some friends. It is always a challenge to not be too busy
when I am home, as I needed to rest too, but this trip was a nice mix! I saw friends, ate at
all my favourite restaurants (definitely something I miss in Switzerland!), had
sweet moments with my sisters, caught up with my brothers, spent lots of time
with my parents, and handed out a lot of aunty Claire love. My two nieces and
one nephew who are in SA are just the sweetest little children and as always,
it was a real treat to be with them. There was lots of time by the pool,
afternoon naps, cups of tea, magazine reading and sleeping late and mom’s
cooking! The time together is never long enough and the goodbyes are always
sad, but I also look forward to returning to my life in Swiss land!




No comments:
Post a Comment