The church I go to here, C3 Lausanne, really has a heart for
the city and to put this into practice they decided to make a financial
donation to an association doing good work in the city. They chose an
organization that houses the parents of children who have been hospitalized in
the big hospital here in Lausanne. At a church service in December, they invited the directors
of this association to join us at church so that they could give them the
donation, and then we organized an apéro (the equivalent of drinks and snacks)
for the whole church after the service.
In my role as Event’s Team leader, this apéro was my
responsibility. I have a good amount of practice with catering, hospitality and
events…although this was the first time I organized something for so many people
– approximately 500! I was responsible for the food, drinks, décor and
coordinating my team. We ordered some platters of dried meats and cheese, bread
from a bakery, and we had some cheese pastry straws, nuts and crackers. Then we
had some vegetable sticks and dip (3 kg of carrots and 23 peppers), plus more
than 1000 small triangle sandwhiches (27 loaves of bread) and about 75 litres
of drinks, plus some wine.
My team were incredible, they worked tirelessly to get all
the food out on tables, serve drinks, and do all the clean up, always with
smiles on their faces. There is absolutely no way that I could do this without
them, and I am so grateful for the contribution they each make.
Being responsible for this team teaches me so much, and I
count a privilege and honour to be able to serve in this way.
No comments:
Post a Comment