Monday, 6 April 2015

Mountain Living


After my private thesis defense Chris and I and two other couples from church decided to head to the mountains for a few days of snowboarding, sunshine, good food, and board games. We reserved a chalet in Nendaz and were blessed with a few days of absolutely glorious weather. I decided to spend the time investing in my snowboarding skills and was very grateful that Chris was so patient and encouraging – snowboarding is really hard work! I feel like I made some progress, but didn’t manage to snowboard the whole time as my body was just too sore. Snowboarding definitely works muscles I didn’t know I had, and combined with lots of falling,  I was feeling a little delicate so decided to call it quits and rest some of the time. I look forward to having some more occasions to practice and get more comfortable on the snowboard! It was a special few days with dear friends who I am so grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment