Well, this little blog of mine has been a little neglected!
Here is an update on all that has been happening lately.
But first and foremost, the best thing that has happened in
the last few months is that Chris asked me to marry him! We went to South
Africa in February, and he proposed in the most perfect way early on
Valentine’s day. I am so grateful for him, and I can’t wait to be his wife! We are so enjoying this season of being engaged and planning our future together.
Now for some other things:
·
We celebrated the New Year at a Kings and Queens
themed dress up party with church friends. I really do love my community here
·
I defended my thesis and it was accepted with
minor modifications. My public defense (the last step!) will be on May 26th.
Woohoo! I am proud of myself and so grateful for this incredible season. I am
expectant for what is to come, but also a little sad to be leaving my PhD days
behind me.
·
I started teaching a Master’s course on
Professional Development, which is simultaneously stimulating and exhausting!
The students are capable and smart, and most of the time quite engaged in the
class, so it has been a lot of fun. But also a lot of work.
·
Chris moved to Lausanne! Yeah! He has moved into
the apartment that will be ours when we get married, and I can’t wait. It is
the perfect place for what we need right now, and I think we will be very happy
there. I love that he is only a few minutes away from me now.
·
I have been applying for jobs and going for
interviews – I have no idea what is next (which is sometimes stressful), but I
am also excited about the possibilities and know that God will show us.
·
We had a big event at church this past Sunday for Easter with more than 1000 adults and a few hundred children from our church plus some other churches in Lausanne. I was responsible for coordinating the team who served coffee, drinks and pastries - so it was a busy morning.

Gosh, you're cute! I miss your face and am sad I probably won't get to see it before we head stateside again :( Congrats, you beautiful girl!
ReplyDeleteThanks my darling friend! Yes, I am sad we won't get to see each other either - hopefully next year or maybe a stateside trip!
Delete