Saturday, 14 December 2013

Life Lately

It has been a while since I last posted something, so I thought it was time for an update! I have been back in Lausanne for two weeks now after a wonderful 3 weeks in South Africa (post to follow about my trip) and I am back to my full and lovely life here:

  • It is definitely winter - it is cold and and the day is short. The sun is rising at 08:00, and setting by about 16:30/17:00. Thankfully we have had some sunny days! Personally I love the combination of winter sun, blue skies and crisp fresh air.
  • It is time to find some snow and do some skiing! I took my skies to be serviced and I bought some ski passes already, so it is time to go :) 
  • Lausanne is an especially magical city at Christmas time - I am enjoying the festive atmosphere and the beautiful Christmas lights that are everywhere. And as a major bonus - it is Christmas market time.
  • This is such a social time of year and we have done some fun things lately - Christmas parties, dinners, drinks with friends and a super fun clothes swop which has to be the best way to clean out your closet, get some "new" clothes and enjoy an evening with the ladies. 
  • I signed up for another half-marathon in February, the Romeo and Juliet half-marathon in Verona :)  Recently I have enjoyed a lot of swimming, so I need to fit in some more runs.
  • Salsa dancing still has to be one of the best ways to de-stress and have a lot of fun. 
  • Next year is going to be a full year with some extra commitments at work and at church - I am excited and trying not to have too much "anticipatory stress". 
  • I had an absolutely wonderful 27th birthday here - my friends and colleagues did an exceptional job of making the day special, and I felt so loved and appreciated. 
  • I am still taking French lessons every week, but I am making good progress and feeling more and more comfortable with the language. 
  • Although it would be lovely to spend Christmas at home, I am really looking forward to spending Christmas here celebrating with good friends, enjoying the festive atmosphere and having a few days of rest. 
  • My gratitude grows each day - I am abundantly blessed in every area of my life and I am grateful. 
Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. (Melody Beattie)
Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude. (Denis Waitley)
Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/gratitude.html#8Aj22zx1o537ugrp.99

No comments:

Post a Comment