Today I ran the Lausanne half-marathon (21km) from Tour de Peliz back to Lausanne... in temperatures around zero degrees, with snow the whole way and icy strong wind - but WE did it!! What an amazing experience... adrenaline and excitement without a doubt kept me going and warm!
 |
| Before the run, with a "united Mzansi" buff! |
As the weather deteriorated over the weekend, I became progressively more nervous... but was determined to run the race - months of training, 5:45am runs, training in the rain and many bootcamp sessions - I knew I had to do this run. I was happy with my time of 2h7minutes - not bad considering the conditions and that it was my first half-marathon.
I ran with Hayley, and she was a trooper! This event was definitely made all that sweeter because of all the support from everyone - friends who braved the cold to come and cheer us on and take our warm things to the end for us; instructions, encouragement and training from our boot-camp instructor and months of training with my two running buddies who sadly didn't run today - definitely grateful for each person's contribution!
 |
| Proud to be done! |
 |
| The warm layers came on quite quickly once we were done! |
 |
| We did it!! |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment