Today the weather in Switzerland looks like this...
...which means it is perfect for a day of a rest at home...
I thrive when my life is busy and full of challenge and activity. I love knowing each day is used to accomplish something useful or do something exciting. I love this about myself, I love knowing that I can get things done and make things happen. But there is also a danger to this kind of mindset - I sometimes don't know when enough is enough. I often don't stop myself until I am over-tired. Thankfully, in recent months I have come to understand this pattern in myself and "catch" myself sooner, to decide to stop and rest before I find myself too tired. So this weekend is one for rest. For being content, good music and cups of tea. And right now, these 2 days of rest are exactly what I need and is the best possible way I could spend my time. It has been 3 tiring and challenging weeks of french class every day along with a very demanding work schedule. The coming weeks are going to be just as busy. So for now, rest is my priority!
No comments:
Post a Comment