Sunday, 26 August 2012

A Giant Fork in the Lake

Where in the world would you find a giant fork in the lake? Well in Switzerland of course! The fork in the lake is part of the Aliemntarium (a food museum in Vevey), which we stumbled across yesterday during an outing to Vevey. I was with my lovely friend Hayley and we had decided to go to and see the "festival des artistes de rue de Vevey" a collection of street performances in the old city of Vevey. Vevey is about 15 minutes away from Lausanne on the train and is also on the lake. It is a great town - old and cute! Vevey is where the world headquarters of Nestle are, and Milk Chocolate was invented in Vevey in 1875. Hayley and I enjoyed a very pleasant afternoon enjoying the sunshine, street art, sangria and waffles! I have signed up for the half-marathon at the end of October and I am getting into my training routine now. Along with my early morning forest runs with some great friends, I have also been able to fit in some long runs at the lake. Not only are these runs beautiful, but they are flat! I am also two thirds of the way through a french intensive course (french every morning for 3 weeks), so my days have been full and busy!





2 comments:

  1. Claire! You have a blog now! :) Just entered my email to receive updates... can't wait to start following along on your European adventures!

    Thanks so much for the well wishes on the engagement... I'm over the moon!

    xxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Jenna! I am so happy for you! Please tell Jurgen congratulations from me too! Yes, I have a blog... need to spend some time making it look a lot nicer - but at least it is a place to record my adventures! Thanks for following!

      Delete