Today I finished cleaning out my office at the University of Lausanne - this marks the end of a great season! I really had no idea what was ahead of me when I started here 4 years ago - and definitely was not expecting to work with such fantastic people in such a great environment. I have been so happy to come to work and arrive at my office shared with a group of lovely girls. Walking in the corridors, making coffee in the kitchen - almost every day included a positive interaction with my colleagues who quickly became friends. Having such a positive experience at work definitely shaped my entire Swiss experience thus far, and for that I am truly grateful.
I am sad to be saying goodbye, and although I know it is not the end of some of the friendships and professional relationships I have built, I know that they will take on a different nature and that it will be slightly harder to stay in touch.
Next year, I will continue my position in Bern and will possibly go there more frequently during the week seeing as though I no longer have an office in Lausanne. From the end of February, I will be teaching once a week at the University of Lausanne, but in a different building, faculty, and department, so I am glad to know I will have an excuse to stop by and say hello to friends and colleagues!
 |
| My very first office when I started in Lausanne |
 |
| Then my second office... which thankfully I moved out of so that I could have a window that looked out :) |
 |
| A snowy view from my office |
 |
| The walk down to the lake - just a few minutes! |
 |
| An example of the sweet things my office mates would do! |
 |
| The day I completed the first complete draft of my PhD!
And the sunset from today! |
No comments:
Post a Comment