Thursday, 6 November 2014

The beginning of the end!

This week, I submitted the first complete version of my thesis. The 265 pages represent 2 years and 10 months of work, and I am grateful to have reached this milestone. I know I was the one who did the work, but I recognize also that my efforts have been enabled and complimented by the environment I find myself in (both personally and professionally) and that God has put me in an ideal situation and given me what I need to accomplish this task. I am so grateful to have found something that I love doing, that is such a source of satisfaction for me, and I look forward to seeing how it will be used for the benefit of others.

It is kind of a surreal feeling - I am most definitely content and relieved, but I am also tired. I also realize that this is now the beginning of the end of this unique season of my life, which makes me a little sad too. But in that, I recognize and appreciate God's grace for each season, and I know He has a good plan for my next step.

There are, however, still a few months to go. At the beginning of December, my directors will give me feedback and then I will have time to make modifications before I submit my thesis to the members of my examination jury sometime in January (I hope). I will then have my first private thesis defence in February or March, followed by some time to make more modifications. Hopefully in May or June, I will have my public defence, and then I will be done. In between, I will work on some other articles, do a few presentations, attend a few conferences and prepare to write a French exam! But first, it is time for lots of special times with Roy and Caroline who are here visiting Switzerland and some days off soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment