Recently at church we have done a series on miracles which has been inspiring, faith building and challenging. One of the things I took away from the series was the need to appreciate gradual miracles - the ones that don't happen instantly, which I guess is most of them! A few years ago, I felt stressed, anxious and mostly unhappy. Of course, it wasn't all bad - definitely not - but for the most part, I was wrapped up in everything that needed to be done, everything that needed my attention, goals, plans, schedules and next steps. And if my plan, schedule or routine got disrupted - I was not very nice to be around (just ask my family!). I had a hard time appreciating the moment or savoring the simple pleasures. And to me, that seems like a pity. After all, life is lived moment to moment. I see now, that over recent years, God has done many gradual miracles in my life, one of which has brought me to the place I find myself today - more able to live in the present, to be grateful daily, to be (more) gracious, to notice, to stop and to appreciate. By no means do I get this right all the time, I still have lots of room to grow, but I am grateful for this gradual miracle!
“Be happy in the moment, that's enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” Mother Teresa
No comments:
Post a Comment