Sunday, 6 January 2013

2013 Here we go!

After a wonderful month of holiday, I am now back in Switzerland and ready for 2013 and year 2 of PhD life! Coming back to Lausanne just a few days ago felt so right (but of course the goodbyes to friends and family are always so difficult). This is my home now. This is where I am meant to be, and this is where I want to be. I can't believe that I moved here just one short year ago. It was so lovely arriving back in Lausanne knowing that I have a whole life here now with everything so familiar to me.

I saw the New Year in with wonderful friends - we started out at Hayley's house with a wonderful apero and then headed into town to join a 1920's themed New Year's Eve party which was a lot of fun! Day 1 of 2013 involved lots of relaxing, and Day 2 brought a day in the mountains for some snow-shoeing. Day 3 and 4 I got back into work and moved offices (yeah for a window and natural light!). Day 5 brought yet another trip to the mountains and on Day 6, I went back to C3 - my incredible church family. I am confident that Day 7... and all those that follow will be excellent.

2013 holds much promise. The promise of new experiences, of growth and of challenge. Benjamin Franklin said, "Never confuse motion with action" and I want 2013 to be a year of action. I want to use my time meaningfully and commit to things that have purpose. I want action in my French-learning, action in investing in my relationships, action in my running and fitness, action in my work, and action in exploring this wonderful world. What will you make of 2013? 



No comments:

Post a Comment