Sunday, 29 April 2012

Let's go for a run!

I ran my first 10km race in Europe this weekend! It was a fantastic experience. It is a popular event in Lausanne, with thousands of runners and many supporters. The crowd support was incredible, with people cheering all along the way with music playing. The best part was the children who read your name on your number and cheer for you by name while putting their hands out to touch yours along the way! Thankfully the route for the 10km race is quite flat (not so easy to achieve in hilly Lausanne!)  and it was actually a very enjoyable race. My target was to do it in less than an hour, and I crossed the finish line at 59:39, so I made it!

I have always enjoyed running, but have come to enjoy it more since living here. It is so easy to go for a run, so safe and the magnificent views along the way are definitely good motivation. And now that is staying light till 8:30/9:00pm and warming up, I don't really have an excuse! A friend and I are thinking about signing up for a half-marathon in October all along the lake... have to set the next target to keep moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment